Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Setting Goals

As submitted to company newsletter in September 2009

I am a goal-setter, and more importantly, a goal-attainer. Like my other colleagues, my counselor and I got together and outlined some professional goals for the next year.

My counselor recommended these goals.
  1. 100% utilization
  2. Get involved in a BRG
  3. Pass my CPA exam
  4. Learn the new audit approach

I agreed to these goals.

  1. 100% utilization
  2. Get involved in a BRG
  3. Get a CPA certification
  4. Learn the new audit approach
This is how I will accomplish said goals.
  1. Lobby to make time spent polishing Where’s Waldo figurines a work-related activity
  2. Start a BRG focusing on speed-eating Nacho Cheese Doritos with chopsticks
  3. Did you know you can be certified by the Composite Panel Association (CPA), which represents the composite panel and decorative surfacing industries? (http://www.pbmdf.com/)
  4. Have you seen the new audit approach? It caps selections at 75. Of course, I am going to learn this.

No comments: