Each year, I update my little list of dance party songs. I have to add one to two each year. You know, if I am ever at a party and someone wants to dance, I can just look up some suggestions. I carry this list around in a little red notebook that I have on hand at all times.
2004 "Deceptacon" by Le Tigre
2005 "It's 5!" by Architecture in Helsinki and "In the Beginning" by K'naan
2006 "You! Me! Dancing!" by Los Campesinos and "Collection of Stamps" by I'm From Barcelona
2007 "Grip Like a Vice" by Go! Team and "Firecracker" by Voxtrot
2008 "Good Times" by Brazilian Girls and "Rearranger" by Mates of State
2009 "Psychic City" by Yacht and "Crown on the Ground" by Sleigh Bells
Note: The "Psychic City" link was filmed in our apartment. This was my roommate's film project for grad school. She had to make a video about doing the dishes. It's a fine, fine piece of work.
Monday, December 28, 2009
Sunday, December 6, 2009
New Years is probably one of my top ten favorite holidays of the year, so I started writing my top ten resolutions for 2010.
- Be a better mother.
- Quit eating my pet goldfish. Correction, quit buying pet goldfish.
- Quit doing things for drugs.
- Kiss a boy for the first time. Well, we'd have to be married first.
- Insure my troll doll collection.
- Start a troll doll collection.
- Addendum to number 3. Quit doing things for drugs unless it's to build my troll doll collection.
- Complete enough community service hours to get my parole lifted.
- Get my arson charges dropped to just a parole sentence.
- Quit crashing state dinners at the White House.
I will try to add more later. Needless to say, it's going to be a big year.