Monday, December 28, 2009

Dance Party Song Update for 2009

Each year, I update my little list of dance party songs. I have to add one to two each year. You know, if I am ever at a party and someone wants to dance, I can just look up some suggestions. I carry this list around in a little red notebook that I have on hand at all times.

2004 "Deceptacon" by Le Tigre
2005 "It's 5!" by Architecture in Helsinki and "In the Beginning" by K'naan
2006 "You! Me! Dancing!" by Los Campesinos and "Collection of Stamps" by I'm From Barcelona
2007 "Grip Like a Vice" by Go! Team and "Firecracker" by Voxtrot
2008 "Good Times" by Brazilian Girls and "Rearranger" by Mates of State
2009 "Psychic City" by Yacht and "Crown on the Ground" by Sleigh Bells

Note: The "Psychic City" link was filmed in our apartment. This was my roommate's film project for grad school. She had to make a video about doing the dishes. It's a fine, fine piece of work.

No comments: