Wednesday, August 15, 2007

One Year Anniversary


So yesterday was my one-year anniversary of what my college friends call my “big girl job.” This in turn unleashed a flood of questions – Am I any better at my job after a year? Have I enjoyed the past year? Where the hell did all the time go? Why do I not have any money saved? I thought after breaking the minimum wage hurdle, I’d be rolling in the cash.

I then began to contemplate what I was doing a year ago today – working at a peach orchard. I loved that job. I learned how to drive a tractor and repair irrigation lines after the coyotes attacked.

The highlights from last summer – I got hit by a car, I saved a man’s life, I had an allergic reaction to my sunglasses, and I started a company newsletter (circulation four). The best part? I got paid in peaches. Jackpot, non taxable.

No comments: